Monday, December 15, 2008

For Your Consideration: School of Language


School of Language is my greatest new music discovery of 2008. I randomly stumbled across their album Sea From Shore on eMusic. (Those guys should totally pay me royalties.) It fits my taste so well, which is interesting because it's basically the solo project of the drummer from Field Music, who are generally too "British" for my tastes.

I think a number of you will like this, but Eric in particular should drag the river to get a copy of this. Not the least of which is the fact that the album's bookends are a 4 part song called "Rockist," which is the subject of an earlier Eric rant on this blog (or possibly an e-mail before the blog started.)

Anyway, this track isn't one of the Rockist series, but it's equally good. It's a little ditty they like to call Extended Holiday, which means "extended vacation" in British.

6 comments:

Quinapalus said...

Drischord, is that the image you posted, or is someone rebuking you for stealing an image?

drischord said...

No, that's the album cover.

texplush said...

Drischord -
did you hear The Week That Was? Also a Field Music side project that rules, and one I was considering for this column, but more in the vein of old school Genesis. it's great.

drischord said...

No I haven't. You should post it!

drischord said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
drischord said...

Here's what I wrote to the guy:

To Whom It May Concern:

I linked to an uploaded School of Language album cover from your site on a music blog. You replaced it with a graphic saying "stealing images is bad, mmmkay."

My friend, you are a hypocrite. If I "stole" that image, so did you. It isn't your intellectual property. You uploaded a band's album cover. You have no ownership of that artwork.

I'm going to upload my own copy of this band's artwork (which, I repeat, you DO NOT OWN.) Now the onus is on you to get off your high horse, mmmkay?