Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dr. K's Odds 'n' Ends of 2008

All right, here's some of my favorite songs of 2008 (from albums that didn't fully do it for me) for your listening pleasure:

N.E.R.D. - "Sooner Or Later"

Raphael Saadiq - "Oh Girl" (I can only find a 30 second clip of this one, but trust me, it's worth your 99 cents.)

Nas - "Queens Get The Money"

Michael Franti & Spearhead - "Say Hey (I Love You)"

Bon Iver - "Skinny Love"

Weezer - "The Angel and the One"

Santogold - "Lights Out"

Nada Surf - "I Wanna Take You Home" (This one was only on the bonus CD! Idiots.)

Ne-Yo - "Miss Independent"

"Wings" - "Love Take Me Down (To The Streets)" (from the movie "Role Models")

Brian Wilson - "Live Let Live"

I also loved "Single Ladies" as much as anyone, but I'm assuming y'all don't need a stream of that, since it probably plays in your head on a 24-hour loop.

2 comments:

texplush said...

love that Raphael Saadiq. any idea whether that album is as good all the way thru?
i'm also curious your method for discovering these hot new singles....

texplush said...

Also, any chance you could post the Nada Surf and Wings tracks? I can't find either on itunes.
i bought the rest and am making a Dr. Kittybrains currated mixtape for myself...