Friday, February 08, 2008

Fred Rogers: Poet and Sage

I think it was Drischord who first alerted me to the existence of this old footage, although I feel like he told me about it in the days before YouTube, so I don't know where he would have originally seen it. I remember that when YouTube was first becoming prominent it was the fact that I was able to search for this very clip and find it immediately which first made me realize YouTube was going to be a very big deal.

Anyway, for no particular reason I thought I'd post it now. Fred Rogers may have been a very soft spoken man, but watching this made me appreciate the power he had behind his mild mannered outward demeanor. He was a tough customer, in the most unassuming way imaginable.



"The gentlest thing in the world overcomes the hardest thing in the world"
- Lao-Tzu

1 comment:

drischord said...

Yeah, I did tell you about that, and it was indeed pre- YouTube, so I have no idea where it was posted. I guess once I became certified as a "maven" by Tex Plush, these things just started coming to me in my sleep.