Sunday, April 13, 2008

This Song is Floating My Boat Right Now

I've been lazy about getting a divshare account (and since I tend to read/post to this blog from work, it's been kind of irrelevant anyway), but I'm now testing out posting a link to a song:



Echo & the Bunnymen - The Cutter

This is the first track off of Echo & the Bunnymen's Porcupine album and was a single. I first was curious about them after hearing about how much the last Arcade Fire album rips them off (answer, as it turns out: a lot!) and then I heard "Killing Moon" in a bar and loved it and that was that. Anyway, for people disinclined towards the kind of anthemic semi-dancey British New Wave/Post-Punk that the Bunnymen traffic in, this song might not do it (i.e., Drischord probably needs not apply) but as for me, I can't get enough of it. The bridge sections especially (starting at 1:45, and coming in again at 2:53 or so) kicks my ass every time.


PS Ok, that's annoying-- apparently to embed it, it has to be in mp3 form. I rip almost all of my music in .m4A form, which has slightly better quality at lower bit rates than mp3. I have an mp3 version of this song anyway, but still, that's a silly feature.

No comments: