Saturday, November 07, 2009

You Know What Album Is Great? Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix


I did a quick search of our archives and was surprised to learn that the only mention of Phoenix on this blog was a first quarter Top 10 that Tex posted back in March.

Anyway, it took me the better part of the year to finally listen to this, but it's kind of totally awesome. So fun and catchy-- and not even remotely as techno as I'd assumed. I don't know why I hadn't bothered to formally check these guys out prior to a month ago, but better late than never.

This album is truly great and will certainly make my Top 10 list this year. With the exception of the one true techno track on here, I enjoy everything about it.



Viva la France!

3 comments:

Eric said...

Tex has been pushing Phoenix for a couple of years now -- I think he put their last album as his number of the year it came out (2006? 2007?-- I think it predated the Kittybrains blog era). I actually don't love that album (the last one), but do love this one. Also, once you know the songs and you start listening you'll notice that you hear them EVERYWHERE -- especially on tv shows. They're definitely doing something right.

Eric said...

And the Cadillac commercial, which I just watched.

texplush said...

"one true techno track"! LOL!