Thursday, March 03, 2011

If You Haven't Heard the New Superchunk...

... you should. Now it isn't exactly "new" anymore; it came out almost 6 months ago. But I think it might be the most satisfying album I've heard from last year. In fairness, I thought last year by and large sucked for new albums. (Which is one reason why I still haven't written up a Top 10 list.)

That aside, everyone should still check it out. I think it's Superchunk's best ever. Great melodies, great production and Mascis-like lead guitar. What's not to like?

2 comments:

texplush said...

i agree! about everything except that last year sucked for albums. That is code for "didn't hear enough albums."

drischord said...

You're not wrong on this. The truth is I haven't been getting the same exposure to new bands since I quit emusic. But the ones I did discover in 2010 didn't reach the bar set in past years.

In 2011, on the other hand, it seems like there's an unending parade of new records by dinosaur bands I already know and like... Radiohead, Buffalo Tom, PJ Harvey, Twilight Singers, Lucinda Williams, Wye Oak (okay, they aren't dinosaurs).