Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Moving on now...

I wrote a draft of a post about the annoying Pitchfork coverage of the new Nas album (they panned it, in a typically annoying fashion) but I've decided I'm better off not expending the energy anymore on what stupid crap they're writing over at Pitchfork. My personal take on the Nas album is that it's flawed, but so far pretty interesting to listen to. I also enjoyed his appearance on the Colbert Report the other night. I'm always afraid to hear musicians I like speak on talk shows, sometimes they can be so wince-inducingly inarticulate, but I thought Nas held his own.



In other news, I've been on a big Bob Dylan kick recently. Every so often I rediscover that guy and find new layers I never noticed before. Here's a random outtake of Bob and Johnny Cash doing a Jimmie Rodgers song. I thought it was pretty great.

No comments: